River Paddling and Whitewater Rafting Package: Madawaska River / Ottawa River
Duration: 6 Days | 5 Nights
Dates: June - August
Countries to be visited: Canada
Departure & Return Locations: Ottawa or Toronto
Age: 9 and older
The Ottawa River is one of Canada’s greatest whitewater playgrounds, known for its warm, friendly and big volumewater. Each whitewater rafting river trip finishes with a culinary pontoon cruise returning to the lakeside resort.
Learn to paddle the iconic river boats that have travelled these rivers for millenia for a couple of days (Madawaska River) and then enjoy three days of fun whitewater rafting (Ottawa River) and relaxing or playing at a waterfront resort.
Contact us to discuss the most suitable package options for you. This itinerray is based on
- Low intensity rafting to suit children (medium and sport intensity available)
- Cabana accommodation (Glamping and Lodge/Cabin options available)
DAY 1: (Friday)
Arrive at your lodge and check-in.
DAY 2: (Saturday)
After breakfast get outfitted into your equipment and head off to the river to be introduced to new whitewater concepts with your instructor. After lunch, you will be back to the river to practice and develop your new skills. The evening ends with an instructional video after dinner.
DAY 3: (Sunday)
Today is a river trip to test your new skills with your instructor still close-by. BBQ Lunch, more time to paddle and finish in the evening with a supper. You will be transported to the resort where you will join the whitewater rafting crew.
DAY 4: (Monday)
Experience the great Canadian river trip – this is a travel-path forged by First Nations, traversed by fur traders since the 1600’s and fostered by foresters at the turn of the last century. This soft adventure trip descends 8 km of beautiful scenery and tumbling whitewater, interspersed with quiet pools where you get to body surf and float in the friendly warm waters.
As the currents calm down, we transfer to the comfort of our signature Pontoon Boat to enjoy a freshly grilled meal. Relax and reenergize while you cruise back to the Resort and take in the beauty of the Canadian Shield. At the resort a video presentation will let you relive your day’s adventure.
DAY 5: (Tuesday)
Play a round of frisbee golf, a game of beach volleyball, or try your luck at horseshoes. There is a large floating swim dock right off shore, a bike pump track and a life size maze. This resort is not a licensed establishment so guests are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages. Ice cream, snacks, cold drinks and ice are available for sale on site.
DAY 6: (Wednesday)
After breakfast, check out and travel to your next destination
• Price shown is for a person based on twin share accommodation.
• All prices displayed are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
• Prices are guranteed once booking is confirmed by us and paid in full by the due date.
• Depending on your needs and group size (individual, couple, family, group, etc.) we will provide the final pricing for your tour.
• Prices quoted include 13% HST (Harmonised Sales Tax)
• 2 days river instructions with experienced, passionate instructors
• 5 nights wilderness lodge accommodation (Lodge, Cabana or Glamping)
• Meals for the duration of the stay
• All necessary paddling equipment for days 1 and 2
• One soft adventure rafting trip and Helmet, life vest and paddle
• Transfer shuttle between the lodge and river locations
• Use of resort facilities
• International and domestic airfare
• Travel Insurance (required)
• Airport taxes and charges
• Any Private Expenses
• Meals not mentioned
• Wetsuit rental
• Purchase of trip video
• Personal Incidentals such as Telephone calls , Room Service, Laundry
• Tip to Guide/Driver, Porterage Fee and others which are personal in nature
• Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
• Transfer from either Ottawa (2 hrs) or Toronto (3 1/2 hrs) - we can organise this for an additional fee based on your other travel plans
Please refer to our standard booking conditions.