Your privacy is important to you and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect about you.
The following Privacy Acts and privacy principles govern the way in which we manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you. We invite you to check our website regularly for any updates to this policy.
- Within Australia, the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles
- Within New Zealand, Privacy Act 2020 and Privacy Principles
The last update to this policy was on 1 March 2022.
General Privacy Statement
You may visit the packyabags.com website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself, however, packyabags.com does give you the opportunity to provide to us some of your personal contact information in order to receive information from Pack Ya Bags Travel. This information includes your name, email address, postal address and phone number. We will only use this information for the purposes described in this policy statement.
Types Of Information Collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, address, contact details and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking, or someone else you know is seeking.
Purposes Of Collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- providing information and services to you or someone else you know
- processing a booking you have made
- undertaking various activities required by law
- providing you with information about other services that may be of interest to you that we, our members and other organisations that we have affiliations with may offer
- providing you with promotional information about us, and other organisations that we have affiliations with
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services
Methods Of Collection
Failure To Provide Information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Links To Other Websites
Use And Disclosure
Generally, we use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected. We may also disclose personal information about you to:
- other organisations that we have affiliations with for the purposes of providing you with information about services and various promotions that might be of interest to you
Storage Of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. In any communication we send there will be the option for you to unsubscribe or update your information. We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
We store your personal information in electronic form, and we take commercially reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These may include both electronic and physical security measures.
You may be entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, or request for this information to be deleted, upon making a written request. We will endeavour to provide you with access to the personal information requested within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request. We may decline a request for access to personal information where the Privacy Act requires us to do so. If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Post: Pack Ya Bags Travel, PO Box 529, Bowral, NSW 2576, Australia
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the respective Privacy Commissioner websites below.