Our best-selling fully inclusive tour featuring top Longreach & Winton attractions and hospitality.
Duration: 8 Days | 7 Nights
Destination: Brisbane to Longreach
Scheduled Dates: 10 May (Limited Availability); 17 May; 14 June, (Limited Availability); 28 June; 26 July; 06 September; 27 September 2023
Tour Highlights: Low level of fitness required
• Longreach School of Distance Education Tour
• Rosebank Station Tour & Smoko
• Qantas Founders Museum Entry & Airpark Tour
• Drover’s Sunset Cruise including Smithy’s Outback Dinner & Show
• Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame Entry & Outback Stockman’s Show
• Camden Park Station Sunset Tour & Exclusive Historic Woolshed Dinner
• Carisbrooke Station Tour
• Dinosaur Stampede National Monument at Lark Quarry Conservation Park
• Winton Town Tour
• Waltzing Matilda Centre Entry
• Australian Age of Dinosaurs Tour including Dinosaur Canyon and Deluxe Sunset Barbecue
• Daylight Rail Travel on the Spirit of the Outback Longreach to Emerald
• Miners Heritage in Rubyvale
• Blackwater Coal Mine Centre Tour
• Tilt Train Daylight Rail Rockhampton to Brisbane
Day 1: Wednesday – Longreach
Board your QantasLink flight for a 2.5 hour journey to Longreach. You will be met at Longreach Airport by your Savannah Guides Operator driver-guide and transferred to Saltbush Retreat. Meet fellow travellers for a tour briefing and welcome dinner. While at Saltbush Retreat, you can enjoy an indulging soak in one of three clawfoot baths on their exclusive Outdoor Bath Terrace or a swim in their outdoor pool. 3 nights Saltbush Retreat, Longreach (Dinner)
Day 2: Thursday – Longreach
Experience a totally different way of schooling on a tour of the Longreach School of Distance Education. Explore the fascinating themed galleries at the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame and discover inspiring stories of our pioneering heroes. Take your seat at the exciting Stockman’s Live Show to see amazing horsemanship and the action of a live muster. Witness the traditional Australian Stockman skills that are still used today. Enjoy some free time and outback retail therapy in downtown Longreach. Late afternoon experiences the warm hospitality of local graziers on a visit to Camden Park Station. Join Outback Dan on a personalized tour of his family property, sunset drinks at Two Tree Hill, followed by an exclusive dinner in their 100-year-old woolshed. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 3: Friday – Longreach
Receive a warm welcome to Longreach at historic Rosebank Station, originally settled as a sheep and cattle station some 100 years ago. Enjoy morning tea and a chat with the local Outback Aussie Tours owners. Wander the world-class Qantas Founders Museum, eloquently telling the story of the founding of Qantas. View marvellous interpretive and interactive exhibits then join a guided Airpark Tour. Late afternoon, unwind on the Drover’s Sunset Cruise with tasty onboard nibbles followed by a two-course table service dinner under the stars at Smithy’s Outback Dinner & Show. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 4: Saturday – Winton
Be prepared to be impressed with the changing landscapes as we travel from Longreach to Winton. Enjoy a town tour to discover the quirky Arno’s Wall and play a tune on what is believed to be the world’s only musical fence. Learn the story behind Australia’s unofficial national anthem at the Waltzing Matilda Centre; the only museum dedicated to a song. Midafternoon, we take a short drive out of town to the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum, perched high on a spectacular mesa. Join a guided interpretive tour of the laboratory and collection room. Take in the moment at our very special sunset barbecue overlooking the plains where dinosaurs once roamed! 2 nights Boulder Opal Motor Inn, Winton (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 5: Sunday – Winton
Travel into the heart of Waltzing Matilda country and Carisbrooke Station. Here we’ll follow the scenic Cory’s Range drive to the Three Sisters rock formation, fossick for opals and enjoy a relaxed billy tea. Witness a prehistoric event from some 95 million years ago at Dinosaur Stampede, Lark Quarry Conservation Park. Join an interpretive tour of the world’s only recorded dinosaur stampede featuring over 3000 footprints frozen in time in ancient mudflats. Return to Winton for a relaxed dinner at your accommodation. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 6: Monday – Emerald
Following an early breakfast, we end the tour with a short drive back to Longreach. This morning, we are in for a treat. We get to enjoy the best section of the Spirit of the Outback in daylight hours. Settle into your comfortable, reclining seat and enjoy the spectacular scenery on the full day rail adventure to Emerald. You’ll pass through Barcaldine, Jericho and Alpha as well as the gem field town of Anakie. Arrive relaxed and recharged in Emerald in time for dinner at your accommodation. Overnight Emerald Maraboon Motel, Emerald (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 7: Tuesday – Rockhampton
Today we will take a short drive to Miners Heritage in Rubyvale for a walk-in underground Sapphire mine tour. Learn the techniques used by pioneering gem miners to extract prize Sapphires buried in hard rock. Next, we’ll visit Lake Maraboon, Queensland’s second largest lake and a popular freshwater fishing destination. Continuing our drive east to Rockhampton, we’ll call in to the Blackwater International Coal Centre for an insight into this billion-dollar industry and to see oversized machinery navigating massive open cut pits. Tonight, in Rockhampton, we’ll celebrate our incredible journey with a farewell dinner at our accommodation. Overnight Mercure Hotel, Rockhampton (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 8: Wednesday – Brisbane
After breakfast, you’ll board the Tilt Train, the most modern passenger train in Australia. This is the fastest narrow-gauge train in the world, a world class standard of travel. As you journey east, enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery in Southern Queensland before arriving in Brisbane midafternoon. (Breakfast, Lunch)
• Price shown is for a person based on twin share accommodation, for the travel period indicated.
• All prices displayed are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
• Prices are guaranteed once booking is confirmed by us and paid in full by the due date.
• Depending on your needs and group size (individual, couple, family, group, etc.) we will provide the final pricing for your tour.
• Itineraries are subject to change without prior notice due to weather conditions, emergencies on board or any unforeseen situation.
• All en suite accommodation (3 nights Longreach, 2 nights Winton, 1-night Emerald, 1-night Rockhampton)
• Touring with our Savannah Guides Operator driver & host
• All meals as per itinerary
• All entries/activities as per itinerary
• Longreach accommodation arrival/departure transfers
• One-way economy flight Brisbane to Longreach
• Daylight rail economy seat Longreach to Emerald on the Spirit of the Outback
• Daylight rail economy seat Rockhampton to Brisbane on the Tilt Train
• International or domestic flights
• Meals and drinks not mentioned
• Pricing may be subject to availability and seasonal variations.
• All our programs must be reserved at least 30 days in advance (subject to availability).
• Customers can request a re-quote if they want to add, remove or replace any of the proposed activities.
• Airfare, either domestic or international, is not included.
• Travel insurance is not included but is recommended.
Please refer to our Standard Booking Conditions for booking terms and conditions.