Duration: 6 Days | 5 Nights
Dates: June - August
Countries to be visited: Canada
Departure & Return Locations: Ottawa or Toronto
Age: 17 and older (Please contact us to discuss 1 or 2 day programs suitable for ages 9 and older)
This is an adventure suitable even for beginners. You will be staying in a stunning location along the pristine wild currents of the Madawaska River with an amazing cullinary experience and learning to Kayak or Canoe in five unforgettable days. This active adventure is a true Canadian signature experiene. Instructors are internationally certified and will teach the 'language of the river'!
You will experience five nights wilderness lodge accommodation and a gourmet meal plan. Checking in on a Sunday night, the next five days will be perfect amount of time to immerse yourself in the world of whitewater. Whether a new or established paddler – everyone is welcome to this riverside community to learn new skills and build confidence on the water. We divide paddlers into small groups based on skill level the first day of the course to ensure the learning progression will suit your needs.
Arrive at your lodge and check-in.
After breakfast get outfitted into your equipment and head off to the river to be introduced to new whitewater concepts with your instructor. After lunch, you will be back to the river to practice and develop your new skills. The evening ends with an instructional video after dinner.
More practice sessions with your instructor and learn about river rescue.
Have some paddling sessions captured on video to do an analysis of techniques with your instructor. There is free time in the afternoon to enjoy the surroundings, optional massages or flatwater practice!The day ends with a river stewardship workshop and a BBQ dinner.
More practice on the river and an award cermoney!
Today is a river trip to test your new skills with your instructor still close-by. Finish the trip in the evening with a supper and head back home.
• Price shown is for a person based on twin share accommodation.
• All prices displayed are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
• Prices are guranteed once booking is confirmed by us and paid in full by the due date.
• Depending on your needs and group size (individual, couple, family, group, etc.) we will provide the final pricing for your tour.
• Prices quoted include 13% HST (Harmonised Sales Tax)
• 5 days river instructions with experienced, passionate instructors
• 5 nights wilderness lodge accommodation (Lodge, Cabana or Glamping)
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the entire stay
• All necessary paddling equipment
• Transfer shuttle between the lodge and river locations
• International and domestic airfare
• Travel Insurance (required)
• Airport taxes and charges
• Any Private Expenses
• Meals not mentioned
• Personal Incidentals such as Telephone calls , Room Service, Laundry
• Tip to Guide/Driver, Porterage Fee and others which are personal in nature
• Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
• Transfer from either Ottawa (2 hrs) or Toronto (3 1/2 hrs) - we can organise this for an additional fee based on your other travel plans
Please refer to our standard booking conditions.