Duration: 8 days | 7 nights
Destination: Keflavik International Airport, Iceland
Max People: 30
Min Age: 8+
Schedules Dates: September - April
Travel on Iceland’s ring road and discover stunning scenery and dramatic landscapes: volcanoes, lava fields, hot springs, mountains, fjords, glaciers, glacier lagoon and waterfalls. Enjoy a leisurely group tour on Iceland’s ring road, combining nature, soft adventure, and cultural experiences. During the tour, two evenings include Northern Lights Academy (from September to mid-April). Join this amazing and complete circle tour of Iceland, a bestseller all year round! Hunt the Midnight Sun in the Summer and the Northern Lights in the Winter.
• Fully escorted tour around Iceland's Ring Road
• Explore two national parks
• The Golden circle including Þingvellir,Geysir & Gullfoss
• Mývatn Nature Baths, including towel
• Visits to small local museums, cultural experiences and soft adventures
• Visit to Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse
• 2x evenings with Northern Lights Program (from September to mid-April).
• Boat trip on Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon from May through September
• Optional whale watching in Akureyri in the morning of day 3, April through October
• Experience flowing lava at the Icelandic Lava Show
Day 1: Arrival Day
Individual transfer by Flybus shuttle bus from Keflavik airport to your accommodation in Reykjavik. You may explore Iceland’s capital city on your own if time allows. Overnight location: Reykjavík Natura Berjaya Iceland Hotels or similar. Dinner is on your own. (50km / 31mi)
Day 2: Volcano Crater, Fjords & Mountains
At 09:00, meet our tour guide and depart from Icelandair Hotel Natura. Travel west along the scenic Hvalfjörður fjord and the town of Borgarnes. Easy hike on Grábrók volcano crater in the middle of a greenish lava field. Further north visit Glaumbær, one of Iceland’s most beautiful turf house farms and folk museums. Continue along scenic fjord landscape and over several mountain passes until we reach Akureyri, the capital of North Iceland. The overnight location at allows you to walk around the beautiful town of Akureyri. Overnight location: Akureyri Berjaya Iceland Hotels or similar. Breakfast included. Lunch & dinner is on your own. (415km / 258mi)
Day 3: The Capital of North Iceland, Lake Mývatn & Geothermal baths
In the morning, explore the town of Akureyri, also called the capital of North Iceland, and admire the panoramic view over the Eyjafjörður fjord. From April-October, there are optional whale watching tours available from 09:00-12:00 am. In the afternoon, travel to Goðafoss, the waterfalls of the Gods. Then explore Lake Mývatn, known as a geological wonderland and for its abundant birdlife. See the strange lava formations at Kálfaströnd, the pseudo craters at Skútustaðir and the tephra cone Hverfjall. Finally, end the afternoon relaxing in the geothermal Mývatn Nature Baths with a fantastic view over the whole area. There is a possibility of seeing the Northern Lights during the evening from September to mid-April. Overnight location: Mývatn Berjaya Iceland Hotels. Breakfast included. Lunch & dinner is on your own. (120km / 75mi)
Day 4: Lava Labyrinth, Hot Springs & Travel East
In the morning, walk in the lava labyrinth at Dimmuborgir, “the dark castles”, hoping to get a glimpse of the trolls who are said to live there. In the afternoon, visit the hot spring area of Námaskarð with bubbling mud pools and steaming solfataras. Head through the uninhabited highlands and moon-like surroundings to East Iceland. From June to August, the tour includes a detour to the powerful waterfall Dettifoss. Overnight location: Hérað Berjaya Iceland Hotels or similar. Breakfast included. Lunch & dinner is on your own. (250km / 155mi)
Day 5: East Fjords
It’s a day to admire the dramatic fjord landscape and its tiny fishing villages at the end of twisty roads in the East Fjords and, on the route, visit an attractive stone and mineral collection. Then, in the afternoon, see Vatnajökull – Europe’s biggest glacier visible all-over Southeast Iceland. Please note that the itinerary on this specific day can change due to seasonal factors, such as daylight. Overnight location: Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon or similar. Breakfast included. Lunch & dinner is on your own. (260km / 161mi)
Day 6: Vatnajökull National Park, Glacier Lagoon, Diamond Beach & South Coast
Start the day with a stop at Jökulsárlón, a glacial lagoon filled with floating icebergs, and explore the extraordinary site where you might see seals swimming in arctic waters. A boat tour between floating icebergs is included in the program from May through September. You can walk on the so-called Diamond Beach across the street, where large icebergs get stranded. Travel along the southern part of the glacier Vatnajökull and get a glimpse at Europe’s second-largest national park, which has Iceland’s highest mountains, an alpine environment, and Europe’s largest glacier. In the afternoon, a beautiful drive with many natural wonders awaits us as we head across the Eldhraun lava field, cross the sandy desert of the south coast, overlooked by mountainous cliffs, glaciers and waterfalls. Experience the unique Icelandic Lava Show where you get to witness and feel the heat from molten lava! Stroll along the black lava beach of Reynisfjara near Vík. In the small village of Skógar, there is Skógafoss waterfall which is 60 meters high and is one of the most impressive waterfalls in the country. Continue to the high but narrow Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which plunges over the mountain. An exciting trail goes behind the fall – if you are prepared to get wet! Overnight location: Stracta Hotel Hella or similar. Breakfast included. Lunch & dinner is on your own. (380km / 235mi)
Day 7: Icelandic Horses & Golden Circle
Explore classics today as we travel the route of the Golden Circle sights. Start the day at Friðheimar, where you learn about the Icelandic horse, its unique qualities and history and visit a geothermal greenhouse. Later on, see steam from the Geysir geothermal fields as we arrive. There is a variety of hot springs and bubbling pools. The original geyser is now dormant but has been replaced by Strokkur, “the Churn”, which erupts at 5-7-minute intervals. Continue to Gullfoss, “the golden falls “, a double waterfall that tumbles 32 meters into the Hvítá river and attracts travellers in summer and winter. Travel inland to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. As we return to Reykjavík, we will take you for a short city tour to show highlights of the world’s northernmost capital. Northern Lights: From September to mid-April, optional Northern Lights evening tours can be booked at the lobby of your hotel, should weather conditions be favourable. Overnight location: Reykjavík Natura Berjaya Iceland Hotels. Breakfast included. Lunch &dinner is on your own. (160km / 99mi)
Day 8: Departure Day
Individual transfer by Flybus shuttle from your accommodation in Reykjavik to Keflavik airport.
• Price shown is for a person based on twin share accommodation, for the travel period indicated.
• All prices displayed are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
• Prices are guaranteed once booking is confirmed by us and paid in full by the due date.
• Depending on your needs and group size (individual, couple, family, group, etc.) we will provide the final pricing for your tour.
• Itineraries are subject to change without prior notice due to weather conditions, emergencies on board or any unforeseen situation.
• 7 nights accommodation with breakfast
• 6 days escorted bus tour with English-speaking guide/driver-guide
• Arrival & departure airport transfer by Flybus shuttle (no guide)
• 7x breakfast
• 2x evenings with Northern Lights Program (from September to mid-April).
• Glaumbær Folk Museum
• Mývatn Nature Baths including towel
• Amphibian boat tour on Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (May-Sept depending on weather conditions)
• Icelandic Lava Show
• Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse
• Any private expenses
• Any additional services
• All meals not listed under “included”
• Single supplement (mandatory when in a single room)
• Pricing may be subject to availability and seasonal variations.
• All our programs must be reserved at least 30 days in advance (subject to availability).
• Customers can request a re-quote if they want to add, remove or replace any of the proposed activities.
• Airfare, either domestic or international, is not included.
• Travel insurance is not included but is recommended.
Please refer to our Standard Booking Conditions for booking terms and conditions.