Duration: 11 Days | 10 Nights
Dates: May to September
Countries to be visited: Italy (Amalfi Coast, Naples Bay)
Departure & Return Locations: Fiumicino International Airport, Rome
In the Campania region of Italy, Amalfi coast offers a rich and vibrant history, small beaches with warm waters, pastel coloured fishing villages, walking and hiking options, delicious food and warm hospitality. Naples has centuries of art, architecture and history. We have put together an itinerary that offers you the chance to experience the best of both of these areas in luxury and style, while having enough time for leisure. It can be customised to suit your interests and budget.
Day 1 - Welcome to Italy
Upon arrival at Fiumicino airport private transfer to Naples harbor where you will board the ferry to Ischia. Upon arrival in Ischia, private transfer from the harbor to 5* Excelsior Belvedere Hotel & Spa (or similar) and check in. Rest of the day and meals at leisure.
Day 2 - A day around Ischia
In the morning get ready for a land & sea tour with your private English-speaking guide. First you will enjoy a stroll to reach the Aragon Castle for a visit of this impressive fort dating back to the 1400s. After the visit you will enjoy lunch at a scenic restaurant (3 course menu included). In the afternoon get ready to discover the ancient Roman citadel of Aenaria, now underwater: you will learn how the the town functioned as an industrial center where people worked the metal and clay. You will enjoy a tour on a private glass-bottom boat to admire the remains now submerged at a depth of about 9 meters. At the end, return to the hotel. Dinner at leisure.
Day 3 - Ancient Pompeii
In the morning, check out at the hotel. Private transfer to Ischia harbor where you will board the ferry to Naples. Upon arrival in Naples, private transfer to Pompei area. Here you will first stop at a beautiful winery established by a branch of the aristocratic Florentine Medici family: you will enjoy a visit of the vineyards, followed by a delicious lunch. After lunch, you will meet your private guide and start your visit to the archaeological area: walk through the 66 hectares of the ancient Roman town destroyed in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD and imagine what life was in the busy town centre among shops and ateliers, temples and spas as well as the beautiful houses still preserved. At the end of the visit, your private driver will take you to Amalfi for the check in at 4* Hotel Luna Convento (or similar). Dinner at leisure
Day 4 - Positano & Sorrento
In the morning meet your private driver and English-speaking guide for a tour of Sorrento & Positano. You will first reach the beautiful city of Sorrento and its picturesque shops. Sorrento is renowned for its historic center, its villas, parks and gardens, as well as for the beautiful landscapes and characteristic citrus groves. You will be amazed by the colors and spectacular views offered by Sorrento: admire the splendid panorama from the municipal belvedere and delve into the maze of narrow streets full of characteristic and lively shops where you can go shopping and taste the typical food and wine products of the area. Your next stop is Positano. Here you will have time to visit the Cathedral dedicated to the Virgin Mary and go shopping in the various craft shops that you can find in the alleys that lead to the beach. There you will find beautiful ceramics and dresses with fresh and versatile fabrics, in sangallo lace as well as sandals, bags, sarongs, handmade costumes: an authentic triumph of the famous “Positano beach fashion”. At the end, private transfer back to the hotel. Meals at leisure
Day 5 - The charm of Capri
In the morning, reach Amalfi harbor and embark on your private boat for a pleasant cruise to Capri island. Upon arrival in Capri meet your guide and start exploring the island, from its beating heart, La Piazzetta, to the Augustus Gardens that look over the Faraglioni. You will then return to the boat to complete the tour with a stop at the Blue Grotto (optional visit, fee required, weather permitting), and in one of the many bays of Capri for a swim. On the way back admire the Faraglioni, the White Cave, Villa Malaparte and the Natural Arch. In the late afternoon return to Amalfi and return to the hotel. Meals at leisure.
Day 6 - The Iron Valley
In the morning private transfer to the meeting point with your English speaking guide and start your hiking through the so-called Iron Valley. This path leads down from the Lattari Mountains towards Amalfi, through forests of ferns and past streams and natural waterfalls. It takes its name from the discovery of the remains of medieval ironworks. The area is also known as the Valley of the Mills, from the watermills that were used to manufacture Amalfi paper. The area is home to a Nature Reserve where the Woodwardia radicans fern still grows, a fern dating back to the last ice age. You will also visit the Paper museum to discover how paper was made during ancient times. Stop for lunch inside an amazing lemon garden in Amalfi. After lunch explore the alleys of Amalfi with your guide till you reach the Cathedral, beating heart of the village before returning to your hotel. Dinner at leisure.
Day 7 - Welcome to Naples
Morning at leisure. In the afternoon, private transfer to Naples and check in at Relais Della Porta (or similar). Meals at leisure.
Day 8 - Street Food Tour
In the morning meet your private English speaking guide and get ready to delve into the essence of Naples: you will enjoy a walk through the most characteristic neighborhoods of the city while savoring a real coffee accompanied by a sfogliatella, discovering the delicious local street food (including taralli, pizza a portafoglio and crocchè). and topping everything with a Limoncello and babbà tasting. At the end, return to the hotel. Rest of the day and meals at leisure.
Day 9 - Welcome to Rome & Ape Calessino tour
In the morning private transfer to Naples railway station where you will take the high speed train to Rome. Upon arrival private transfer to 4* Hotel Monti Palace (or similar) and check in. In the afternoon meet your private driver and English speaking guide for a half day tour of the Ancient Rome. You will visit the renowned Colosseum, built by the Emperor Vespasian. Discover all the secrets of the Rome's most fearful arena, from its origins as the Flavian Amphitheatre to the games where gladiators met in mortal combat. You will also visit the Roman Forum , the oldest and most famous of the forums and the gleaming heart of the Roman Republic: walk along the Via Sacra and admire all the temples and the Curia (the meeting place of the Roman senate), reliving the glory of the Roman times. You will then meet your private driver for a late afternoon Ape Calessino tour. Enjoy the views of the Eternal City at sunset, on board one of the minuscule vehicles that were once highly popular among the youth, becoming a symbol of the Roman Dolce Vita in the 1960s. At the end, return to the hotel. Meals at leisure
Day 10 - Cooking class & Treasure hunt
In the morning private transfer from the hotel to the meeting point with your private chef at Campo de’ Fiori market, Rome’s historic food market. In a historic bakery, you may taste Rome’s particular taglio al forno and discover the delicious Roman supplì (fried rice balls oozing with mozzarella cheese). You will then move onto to the cooking school to learn the artisanal craft of fresh pasta making with a professional chef and at the end you will enjoy lunch. In the afternoon, meet your private English speaking guide and get ready to go treasure hunting! Equipped with a map, compasses and the treasure hunt box, you will challenge yourselves with a series of funny riddles, while going on a wonderful journey within the historical centre of Rome (* different themes available for the treasure hunt). At the end you will enjoy a nice aperitif, before returning back to your hotel.
Day 11 - Arrivederci!
Private transfer to Rome airport. Back home, with Italy in your heart!
• Price shown is for a person based on twin share accommodation, for the travel period indicated.
• All prices displayed are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
• Prices are guaranteed once booking is confirmed by us and paid in full by the due date.
• Depending on your needs and group size (individual, couple, family, group, etc.) we will provide the final pricing for your tour
• Private transfer as indicated in the program (with Mercedes car)
• 2 nights in Ischia at Excelsior Belvedere Hotel in Double Superior Room (breakfast included)
• 4 nights in Amalfi at Hotel Luna Convento in Double Room (breakfast included)
• 2 nights in Naples at Hotel Relais Della Porta in King Standard Room (breakfast included)
• 2 nights in Rome at Hotel Monti Palace in Double Deluxe Room (breakfast included)
• Tickets for public ferry from Naples to Ischia and from Ischia to Naples
• Full day (approx 6 hrs) Ischia tour with private English-speaking guide
• Entrance tickets for Aragon Castle
• Lunch (3 course menu) in Ischia
• Private glass-bottom boat tour to Aenaria site
• 2-hour private English-speaking guide for Pompei tour
• Entrance tickets for Pompei archaeological site
• Visit and lunch at the winery next to Pompei
• Full day (approx 8 hrs) vehicle at disposal for Positano & Sorrento tour
• Full day (approx 8 hrs) private English-speaking guide at disposal for Positano & Sorrento tour
• Full day (approx 8 hrs) private boat excursion to Capri
• Half day (approx 4 hrs) vehicle at disposal for Capri tour
• Half day (approx 4 hrs) private English-speaking guide for Capri tour
• Full day (approx 8 hrs) private excursion to the Iron Valley (private transport, eco-guide for hiking, visit and workshop at the Paper Museum, lunch at the lemon garden and guide for Amalfi visit included)
• Half day (approx 4 hrs) private English-speaking guide for food tour in Naples (3 tastings included)
• High speed train from Rome to Naples (Premium class tickets)
• Half day (approx 4 hrs) vehicle for Ancient Rome tour
• Half day (approx 4 hrs) private English-speaking guide for Ancient
• Rome tour
• Entrance tickets for Colosseum & Roman Forum
• Ape Calessino tour (approx 2 hrs)
• Private cooking class with lunch in Rome
• Half day (approx 4 hrs) private English-speaking guide for treasure hunt in Rome
• Treasure hunt in Rome with final aperitif
• International and domestic airfare
• Travel Insurance
• Airport taxes and charges
• Local city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotels)
• Any Private Expenses
• Meals at leisure as indicated in the program
• Personal Incidentals such as Telephone calls, Room Service, Laundry
• Tip to Guide/Driver, Porterage Fee and others which are personal in nature
• Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Program is subject to changes depending on opening times and days of museums and monuments (if needed we will provide alternative options to replace what is not available)
Some of the activities are not available on certain days of the week or months of the year (if needed we will provide alternative options to replace what is not available)
If stated accommodation option is not available for the dates selected, we will provide an equivalent alternative
This itinerary is a luxury tour for two people with sight-seeing, light activities and experiencing local culture included. Accommodation options are based on 4+ star ratings and all transfers are private unless indicated. It can be customized based on clients’ needs, interests and budget. It is also possible to organize small group tours with the same itinerary.
Payment terms for this tour:
Deposit of 25% of the total amount to be paid upon confirmation. Balance to be paid 45 days before arrival. If Covid pandemic is still ongoing, cancellation will be without penalties up to 10 days before the first scheduled service (with the exception of entrance tickets to monuments, which are non-refundable). If the pandemic is over, the standard policy on cancellations will apply as follows:
• from the day of confirmation to 45 days before arrival, will be charged 10% of the full cost
• from 44 to 20 days before arrival, will be charged 30% of the full cost
• from 19 to 10 days before arrival, will be charged 50% of the full cost
• from 9 to 4 days before arrival, will be charged 75% of the full cost
• from 3 days before arrival, will be charged 100% of the full cost
For groups of more than 8 people terms & conditions may vary (especially in relation to hotels) and we can discuss this case-by-case.
Please refer to our Standard Booking Conditions for booking terms and conditions.