Duration: 4 Days | 3 Nights
Valid: May - mid-October (excluding 10th - 24th July), April on request.
Meeting the wild brown bear wild brown bear adventure in its natural environment is an unforgettable experience and of course for photography enthusiasts an opportunity to take the shot of a lifetime from the comfort and safety of our specially designed bear hides. The brown bear and other rare animals such as the wolverine or the wild forest deer can be seen from specially designed hides. For nature travelers area has a great expanse of untouched wilderness which offers exceptional wildlife watching and photographing. Under the guidance of a wilderness guide it is one of the best areas in Europe for seeing and photographing the rare large carnivores in their natural habitat.
Day 1: Arrival to Kuhmo, accommodation at lakeside Hotel Kalevala, evening saunas with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, dinner.
Day 2: After breakfast visit the Petola Visitor Centre. Approx. at 15:00 transfer to Wild Brown Bear centre (in late August and September the departure time is earlier). On the arrival to the main lodge, information about the hides and bears and also other animals which are possible to observe. After early dinner short walk from the main building to the hides, Bear House or luxury cabin. There is between twelve to sixteen hours of direct sunlight and two to four hours of twilight in the viewing season. Package includes refreshment and sandwiches in the hides, sleeping bags. Recommended equipment is
clothes according to weather forecast, binoculars and camera. (Transfer back to the hotel later in the evening if you chose the evening trip).
Day 3: Transfer back to hotel for breakfast. Free afternoon for optional activities or relaxing: hiking, fishing, bicycling. Evening saunas and jacuzzis followed by dinner.
Day 4: Breakfast, check out.
• Price shown is for a person based on twin share accommodation.
• All prices displayed are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
• Prices are guaranteed once booking is confirmed by us and paid in full by the due date.
• Depending on your needs and group size (individual, couple, family, group, etc.) we will provide the final pricing for your tour.
• Accommodation at Hotel Kalevala (Luxury Cabin - Double Room)
• 1 bear watching night or evening
• Half board + snacks at the bear watching
• Saunas with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis
• Free entrance to Petola Visitor Centre and exhibition
• Free use of bicycles, rowing boat, summer games, Wi-Fi
• Return transfer from Kajaani airport. This will be an additional $AU 174/person
• Lunch $AU 44/day
• International airfare
• Travel Insurance (required)
• Airport taxes and charges
• Any Private Expenses
• Meals not mentioned
• Personal Incidentals such as Telephone calls, Room Service, Laundry
• Tip to Guide/Driver, Porterage Fee and others which are personal in nature
• Other services not mentioned in the itinerary