Duration: 8 Days | 7 Nights
Dates: May - Sep
Countries to be visited: Canada
Departure & Return Locations: Vancouver - Calgary (This tour can also be offered in reverse - contact us for details)
Tour Dates for 2023
• 14 May 2023 - 21 May 2023
• 11 Jun 2023 - 18-Jun-2023 (Guaranteed Departure)
• 09 Jul 2023 - 16-Jul 2023 (Guaranteed Departure)
• 13 Aug 2023 - 20 Aug 2023
• 10 Sep 2023 - 17-Sep 2023 (Guaranteed Departure)
Essential Rockies & West Coast Tour is the ideal way to see and experience all that is Canada's West Coast and Rockies has to offer; and all at a very affordable price
The tour includes stunning views of rugged mountains, swift-flowing rivers, thundering waterfalls, exotic wildlife, and emerald, blue lakes. Go on a tour of the beautiful city of Vancouver; walk the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge; sample the summer delights that the alpine resort of Whistler offers before venturing into the Okanagan. Spend a night in the lovely town of Kelowna before getting back on the highway to continue your tour into the Canadian Rockies. Visit the Ghost Town at Three Valley Gap. Stop by the Columbia River in Revelstoke for some great pictures. Go on a tour of the famous Icefield Parkway; stop by at Lake Louise to admire the beauty of this UNESCO World Heritage site. Ride the Ice Explorer at Columbia Icefield. Tour the town of Banff and take a ride on the Banff Gondola to the summit of Sulphur Mountain.
Day 1: Arrive in Vancouver.
Transfer on own to your hotel in downtown Vancouver. Rest of the day free.
Arriving in Vancouver, you'll make your own way to your downtown hotel. With the rest of the day free, you can explore the city at your leisure. Vancouver is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, with a diverse range of attractions to suit all tastes. If you're looking to spend some time outdoors, Stanley Park is must-see. The park offers stunning views of the city skyline, as well as lush gardens, hiking trails, and a variety of wildlife. For culture lovers, the Vancouver Art Gallery is home to an impressive collection of Canadian and international art. And no visit to Vancouver would be complete without experiencing its thriving food scene. From eclectic street food to fine dining, there's something to suit every palate. With so much to see and do, Vancouver is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Overnight in Vancouver, BC.
Day 2: Free Day.
Today is a free day to explore Vancouver city on your own. Vancouver is a beautiful city with plenty to do. A must-see is Stanley Park, which offers stunning views of water, mountains, and dense forest. There are excellent hiking trails in the park as well as opportunities to go kayaking, horseback riding, or visit the Vancouver Aquarium. If you are looking for some culture, Vancouver has plenty to offer in that arena as well. The Museum of Anthropology is world-renowned for its collection of First Nations artifacts, and the Vancouver Art Gallery is also worth a visit. No matter what your interests are, you are sure to find something to enjoy in Vancouver.
Overnight in Vancouver, BC.
Day 3: Guided tour of Vancouver including admissions to Capilano Suspension Bridge. Afternoon tour up the Sea-2-Sky Highway to Whistler.
After breakfast, we will checkout from our hotel in Vancouver. Start the day heading to downtown Vancouver for a fully guided tour of the city. The tour will take you through Vancouver’s most popular spots including a visit to Stanley Park, Canada Place, Gastown, Robson Street and Granville Island.
Post our city tour, we will head to North Vancouver where you will get to visit one of Vancouver’s incredible landmarks, the Capilano Suspension Bridge (admissions included). The main attraction of this park set in rainforest landscape, is the 450 feet (137 meters) long bridge suspended 230 feet (70 meters) above the Capilano River. Millions of daring visitors have taken a walk across this suspension bridge since its opening in 1889.
Leaving North Vancouver behind, we will next head up the Sea-to-Sky Highway to Whistler. This highway winds a scenic route hemmed by the Howe Sound, Coast Mountains, its forested slopes and deep valleys.
Enroute, your tour will visit Shannon Falls and Brandywine Falls before arriving in the Alpine resort town of Whistler. Upon arrival in Whistler, check into your hotel. Spend the remainder of the day exploring this beautiful mountain town. Be sure to wander down to the village square and enjoy some of the local shops and restaurants. Overnight in Whistler, BC.
Day 4: Morning free. Tour down the Sea-to-Sky Hwy, along the Fraser River and through the Okanagan to Kelowna.
You will have the morning free to sample the delights that Whistler has on offer. We recommend taking the Peak-2-Peak Gondola or going on an all-terrain vehicle (RZR ) tour through the BC Rainforests. a gondola ride to the top of one of the nearby mountains for stunning views of the area. If you feel like being active, there are plenty of well marked hiking and biking trails to explore as well. Or, if you just want to relax, you can stroll through the charming village and grab a coffee or bite to eat.
In the afternoon, you will leave Whistler for Kelowna. On arrival in Kelowna, check into your hotel. Kelowna is located in the Okanagan Valley and is known for its stunning scenery and abundance of outdoor activities. Make sure to visit her downtown and take a walk along the lovely lakeside promenade or sample some of the local wines and delicious cuisine. Overnight in Kelowna, BC.
Day 5: Winery Tour with Wine Tasting in Kelowna. Tour through Glacier and Yoho National Parks to Canmore.
After breakfast checkout from your hotel. Start your day with an unmissable wine experience at one of Kelowna's premier wineries surrounded by acres of beautiful vineyards and the majestic Mt. Boucherie filling the skyline. Experience a tour where you will learn all about wine-making and an over-view of the Okanagan Valley’s growing region. Your tour ends with a guided tasting of a selection of wines including an Award-Winning Icewine.
Departing Kelowna, your tour will travel on the Trans-Canada Hwy1 to Canmore. Today’s drive will take you through the Glacier and Yoho National Parks famous for towering mountains, forested slopes, and swift flowing rivers. Enroute, your tour will make stops at the Ghost Town of Three Valley Gap (admissions not included) and a photostop at Revelstoke by the banks of the Columbia River.
On way to Canmore, we will visit Emerald Lake and The Natural Bridge in Yoho National Park. You will arrive Canmore in time for dinner. Canmore is a charming mountain town with plenty of great shops and restaurants to enjoy. Overnight in Canmore, AB.
Day 6: Icefield Parkway Tour including visit to Lake Louise, photostops at Bow and Peyto Lake, visit to Columbia Icefield and admission to Glacier Adventure (Ice Explorer).
This full day tour takes you along the picturesque Icefield Parkway. You will visit the UNESCO World Heritage “Lake Louise.” And then on to the Columbia Icefield, the largest non-polar icefield south of the North Pole. Enroute, you will also have the chance to see some incredible wildlife, including grizzly bears, bighorn sheep, and mountain goats.
At the Columbia Icefield, you will climb abroad the Ice Explorer, a specially designed vehicle that takes you onto the Athabasca Glacier, a 10,000-year-old sheet of ice. You will get to know this incredible geological formation and perhaps taste the waters of the glacier.
Your tour will also make stops at the Bow and Peyto Lakes for some great pictures before arriving back at your hotel in Canmore. Overnight in Canmore, AB.
Day 7: Morning tour of Banff including admissions to Banff Gondola. Late afternoon orientation tour of Calgary. Check-out of your hotel post breakfast this morning and board your tour coach for your tour of Banff and transfer to Calgary.
Start your day with a tour of Banff, a lovely resort town in the Banff National Park. Your tour of Banff will include all the must-see places including the Bow Falls, Surprise Corner, The Banff Springs Hotel, Mt. Rudlestone, the Hoodoos, and Lake Minnewanka.
One of the most scintillating experiences on your tour is a ride on the Banff Gondola, which is an aerial ride unlike any other. This signature experience starts at the Gondola Base. From here, you step into comfortable glass-enclosed cabin and prepare for a scenic 8-minute journey to the top of Sulphur Mountains at 2,281 metres (7,486 feet). As you glide over the treetops, soak in the breath-taking sight of six stunning mountain ranges and the entire sweep of the Bow Valley spread out in front of you. The summit offers you a bird’s-eye view of the Bow Valley and the mountain ranges surrounding Banff.
Later in the afternoon, your tour will proceed to Calgary. On arrival, start your orientation tour of downtown Calgary. Get a feel for the city's unique blend of cosmopolitan flair and western hospitality. You will see some of the city's most popular attractions, including the Calgary Tower and the Olympic Park, and you will learn about the city's rich history and vibrant culture.
At the end of your tour, arrive at your hotel and check-in. Rest of the evening free to explore Calgary on your own. Overnight in Calgary, AB.
Day 8: End of your Essential Rockies & West Coast Tour. Transfer on own to YYC.
Your Essential Rockies & West Coast Tour ends today. Check-out time is 11.00 AM. Transfer from your hotel to Calgary International Airport (YYC) on your own.
• Price shown is for a person based on twin share accommodation. Single, Triple and Quad occupancy options are also available.
• This is a fully escorted tour with fixed departure dates and three of them are guaranteed departures
• Accommodation pricing is based on 3-star hotels but can be upgraded to 4 or 5 stars for additional costs.
• All prices displayed are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
• Prices are guaranteed once booking is confirmed by us and paid in full by the due date.
• Depending on your needs and group size (individual, couple, family, group, etc.) we will provide the final pricing for your tour.
• Flexible booking terms and conditions are available. Contact us for enquiries.
• 7 Nights accommodations - standard rooms
2 nights in Vancouver (Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport or similar)
1 night in Whistler (Crystal Lodge or similar)
1 night in Kelowna (Comfort Suites Kelowna or similar)
2 nights in Canmore (Canmore Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide or similar)
1 night in Calgary (Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown or similar)
• Vancouver - Guided tour of Vancouver including Stanley Park, Gastown, Robson Street, Canada Place and Grenville Island.
• Vancouver – Admissions to Capilano Suspension Bridge.
• Photostop at Shannon falls and Brandywine Falls.
• Kelowna - Winery Tour with Wine Tasting.
• Visit to Ghost Town at Three Valley Gap (Admissions not included).
• Tour through Revelstoke, Glacier National Parks & Yoho National Park. Visit to Emerald Lake and the Natural Bridge.
• Canmore – Icefield Parkway Tour including visit to Lake Louise, photo stops at Bow Lake & Crowfoot Glacier and Peyto Lake, visit to Columbia Icefield.
• Columbia Icefield – Admissions to Glacier Adventure (Ice Explorer).
• Visit to Lake Louise. Photostop at Bow Lake and Peyto Lake.
• Banff – Tour of Banff.
• Banff – Admissions to Banff Gondola.
• Calgary - Orientation tour of Calgary.
• Shuttle transfer from Vancouver Airport to your hotel in Vancouver.
• Canada Park Fees.
• Dedicated Tour Director (Groups where the headcount is 19 or less, the Tour Director will be driving the vehicle)
• Porterage at hotels – limited to one piece of luggage per person.
• Gratuities for Tour Coach Driver and Guides. Gratuities for Tour Director are optional (suggested Gratuities $10 per person per day).
• Resort Fees, Taxes & GST.
• International and domestic airfare
• Travel Insurance (Required)
• Airport taxes and charges
• Any Private Expenses
• Meals not mentioned
• Personal Incidentals such as Telephone calls, Room Service, Laundry, Bottled water in hotel rooms
• Tip to Guide/Driver, Porterage Fee and others which are personal in nature
• Canada Park Fees
• Early check-in or late check-out charges
• Departure Transfer from hotel in downtown Calgary to Calgary Airport (YYC)
• Optional tours and activities
• Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Please refer to our Standard Booking Conditions for booking terms and conditions.